April 24, 2005
Classic Blog Post Meme
his is a bit of a selfish meme, simply because I'd like a shortcut to all that I've missed over the last few years and want some way to catch up.
This meme is also unique in that you send it to only one person who you know will continue it within the next 24 hours. That way, anyone who comes upon it can track forward easily. (If the tagged blogger fails to come up with a post within 24 hours, then a new tag is required.)
The question is simple: Name two classic blog posts that deserve to be read and remembered. My preference is humor, but don't let that limit you.
Copy the list below, add your two on top with brief descriptions, and tag the next person. That way we build a classics list (and I can get the wheat after others remove the chaff).
Here are my two:
I tag: Sadie at Fistful of Fortnights. Cause she's loves memes and hasn't had enough lately. (Memes, that is.)
UPDATE: Everyone seems to be reading past the part where they add to the list, so I will keep it up here. Heck, I want to read all of them anyway.
12) Back when Kim was much more unknown than he is now...back when he wasnt the subject of quite so much love and adulation from the teeming minions, just over a year ago, he wrote a post about his mother-in-law called Outlaw Territory. [Mr. Helpful]
11) If you want to know heartbreak./If you want to know a soul stripped bare in agony./If you want to know tortured pain./Then go and read this....My words simply cannot do it justice. [Mr. Helpful]
10) First up is my friend Sluggo?s post entitled, ?Calling Max Bialystock,? ... This well-crafted post manages to tell what is ultimately a sad story in a most amusing way. [Jim]
9) Next is a post by my Cousin Jack of Jack Bog?s Blog, entitled, ?We Interrupt this Program,? in which Jack shares he remembrances of November 22, 1963 as a sixth grader... [Jim]
8) thoughts on Charleston... again, this is a theme I love.. taking a place and time, and realizing the importance of it... reminisces... introspection... connecting your Self with your history... [Eric]
7) the Tale of Simone Griffeth... if there is one theme I can sink my teeth into, it is unrequited love... it is truly universal... [Eric]
6) This one at Random Fate struck me last summer because of the depth of his love and respect for someone. [Christina]
5) Eric wrote this post a while ago and it still speaks to me on many levels. [Christina]
4) Straight White Guy - From a Dream: A captivating fictional short story, or as Eric describes it, "....a noir tale of loss.... oh, and sex..." [Sadie]
3) Cake Eater Chronicles - Knickers. Twisted. Kathy discusses the status of Origin Of Species as theory and the resulting manipulation by creationists: "This is their silver bullet that cuts right through the bullshit. And, to my mind, it's a logical fallacy that has no end." [Sadie]
2) 24: Terrorism and Torture - A classic parody for fans of the series 24 at Wuzzadem. [Mark]
Posted by witnit at April 24, 2005 1:15 PM