January 26, 2005
Four Questions to Ask before You Get Married: For Paula, and anyone thinking about getting married. If you can answer Yes to all four questions, you may have found your partner for life.
1. If this person were to stay just the way they are now for the rest of their lives, would that be okay with you? 2. Would you like to become more like this person? 3. If you were to have a child, would you want to have a child with this person? 4. Would you want the child to grow up to be exactly like this person?
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went camping. They pitched their tent and went to sleep. In the middle of the night, Holmes woke up Watson and said, "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you deduce."
Watson looked up and said, "Well, Holmes, the sky is full of millions of stars, which would mean that there are thousands of planets circling them, and likely hundreds of those would have some form of life, and perhaps dozens would have intelligent life."
Holmes replied, "Watson, you idiot, someone stole our tent!"
- Over-sexed? Here's one man's, er, former man's answer.
- The Mudville Gazette is counting down the days to the Iraqi election.
- Dave Barry's right! It's the sign of the Apocalypse!
- Blackfive has some anecdotal results of a survey of soldiers in Iraq regarding troop duration, troop strength, and Rumsfeld. Interesting.
- How to get out of jury duty.
- Michael Moore didn't get an Oscar nomination for Fahrenheit 9/11. Perhaps other documentary filmakers understand that his was no such thing. By the way, here is his defense of his "documentary." Compare it to his critics and you may see a wee bit of a disconnect.
- Watch what you drink.
- If you're not put off by course language, Johnny Knuckles may be a blog for you. He's a fan of The Underground Grammarian, so he's OK in my book.
*** The next time travel class will be held two weeks ago.
Posted by witnit at January 26, 2005 1:20 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: